Hi Artists in Blogland! Jessica here getting an early jump on "Color This Quote - September!" You still have a week to link up your August creations, but if you want to get an early jump on September, here's the quote:
What does this bring up for you? Roads to travel? Things to learn? Adventure? Perseverance? Here's what it inspired for me:
There's a quick tutorial and video on my blog of how I made it!
August's quote challenge ,"Seize the Day," resulted in lots of wonderful interpretations, and I hope some more are coming as the linky list stays open until the 31st! Here are two, randomly picked:
Lucid Memoirs channeled her child self and remembered the abandon with which she used to create, using spaghetti and string to create a page full of "just do it" affirmations:
2AM Scrapper used the Latin for "Seize the Day" and was inspired by the newsboys in the video clip from Newsies to create this great card:
Congratulations to everyone for making such beautiful art in response to August's quote!
And now on to September. The quote is:
Does this inspire you? I know it inspired me... Express yourself! Here's what you do:
- Grab the Color This Quote button and let people know you're participating!
- Link up your take on this quote in the Linky List below. It will be open until September 30, and on October 1, the next quote will be revealed!
- Please link to a specific blog post or Flickr page, not your general URL.
- In your blog post, please state how your work relates to this quote and mention the Color This Quote challenge. A blog post that does not indicate how your work has a connection to the quote will be removed from the linky list, no matter how gorgeous it is. Please do not link up random posts.
- Visit 3 or more people who linked up, and leave loving words on their blogs or Flickr pages;
- Anything goes -- can't wait to see what you do with this quote.
- Have a great quote? Leave it in the comments section for future Color This Quote challenges!
Are you enjoying the monthly Technique Tuesday posts? Any particular techniques you'd like to see demo'd?
If there's anything else you'd like to see featured here, let us know in the comments!